Success of a Digital transformation depends on the efficiency and effectiveness of Test Automation. Test Automation has solved many of the speed & volume challenges that organizations face in the Agile & DevOps environments. However, with the aggressive and complex business landscape in today’s market, Agile lifecycle demands the smart & robust Test automation to cover additional ground faster.
Intelligent Test Automation (ITA) – It is an evolutionary approach where Test Automation is driven by AI, ML & Robotic Process Automation (RPA) at its core that expands the automation coverage. Besides amplifying the test coverage, Intelligent Test Automation also minimises the time to market with vision and analytical suggestion models that help organizations to prioritize and enhance testing.
Intelligent Test Automation (ITA) brings Test Driven Development (TDD) or Behavioural Driven Development (BDD) based approach, to deliver real, actionable intelligence and prioritize execution based on the changes in the application. Intelligent Test Automation (ITA) provides detailed data analytics like RCA (Root Cause Analysis) so the test engineers need not intervene manually for test maintenance each time when there is a change in the application.
An Intelligent Test Automation (ITA) can:
- Analyze lots of complicated information and find patterns that are predictive, and then alert the users with inferences
- Effective identification of modified controls and updates to its algorithms help engineers to observe the slightest changes in less time frame
- Predict the vulnerabilities based on the previous test results
- Build automation scripts before the UI is designed
- Improves the object integration by using auto prediction mechanism
Intelligent Automation with Robotic Process Automation (RPA) can elevate business value and competitive advantages for the organisations. It helps to analyse data present in complex images, dig the available information deeper and extract meaningful information so that this information can be passed on to a robot to perform repeated operations.
Test data can be automatically generated using Intelligent Test Automation (ITA). This test data can be used to execute different tests at different stages to assure the reliability and stability of a program. It helps engineers to perform checks efficiently with different combinations of test scenarios & test cases.
Intelligent Test Automation (ITA) not only improves the quality but also outcome / results.
Key benefits of Intelligent Test Automation:
- Increase in test coverage
- Improved accuracy
- Automated test data generation
- Reduction of test cycle time
- Smarter detection of defects
- Reduction of test costs