Blue.cloud Announces Accelerated Q4 Momentum Led by 185% Y-O-Y Growth in 2021
Cloud-only digital transformation company triples its headcount, expands leadership hires globally, partners with next-generation software companies
Blue.cloud, a global cloud-only digital transformation company announced accelerated momentum for Q4 2021 with projections far above initial expectations and anticipates continued high growth in Q1 2022.
Since the beginning of 2021, Blue.cloud has significantly invested in its partnerships with leading cloud data providers Snowflake and ThoughtSpot, expanded its data and analytics capabilities to provide business insights to clients, appointed proven industry leaders to Executive, Sales and IT positions, as well as added multiple key accounts to its client roster.
Blue.cloud specializes in implementing modern cloud data technologies and analytics by leveraging next-generation technologies and a world class team of IT leaders to transform how enterprises operate and compete in the marketplace.
“As Fortune 1000 companies continue to demand digital transformation solutions and fully embrace the cloud, we are primed for another year of exponential growth heading into 2022,” said Kerem Koca, co-Founder and co-CEO of Blue.cloud. “We tripled our headcount with an impressive list of experienced industry leaders during a record talent shortage and expect to triple it again as we strive to build the strongest, most capable team in the industry.”
2021 proved to be a record-breaking growth period for the company as the demand for digital transformation and specifically, cloud data and analytics continues to become a significant competitive advantage for enterprise scalability. As a result, Blue.cloud expanded operations globally in the United States, India, and Turkey.
Key Business Highlights
Blue.cloud achieved significant milestones in 2021, including:
- Hitting a run rate of $37 million at the end of Q4, compared to approximately $13 million for the same period in 2020 — an 185% increase year-over-year.
- Investing in ThoughtSpot’s sales and delivery capabilities, bringing real-time analytics to several Fortune 500 clients.
- Completing Snowflake’s Partner Development Program, achieving “Select” tier services partner status, further strengthening the sales and delivery teams’ depth of knowledge and awareness of upcoming features.
- Achieving Gold Certified Partner status with Microsoft’s Azure Service Partners program.
- Observing increased demand from key vertical sectors including financial services, insurance and compliance.
- Rebranding and relaunching, with an industry-first “cloud-only” positioning as “Blue.cloud,” in January 2021.
“For 2021, we beat several of our own ambitious performance goals, highlighted by consistent quarter-over-quarter growth and improved profit margin,” commented Blue.cloud Chief Financial Officer, Brian Alvarez. “Our investments are building a strong foundation for 2022, and we’re confident in executing our plan to rapidly move beyond $100MM run-rate.”
Team Growth and Expansion
Blue.cloud's headcount has nearly tripled year-over-year across all geographies and functions. In Q4, former HSBC Senior Director, Aileen Stewart was appointed to Strategic Client Engagement Manager (CEM) and former Business Intelligence and Enterprise Performance Management executive at Oracle and Teradata, Ali Riza Kuyucu appointed to EVP, Global Head of Data & Analytics Practice. The company continues to expand its world-class team globally, adding key leadership positions in 2021:
- Brian Alvarez, Chief Financial Officer
- Ali Riza Kuyucu, EVP, Global Head of Data & Analytics Practice
- Sampathkumar (Sampath) Raghava, Executive Vice President, Sales
- Aileen Stewart, Strategic Client Engagement Manager (CEM)
- James Harper, Practice Leader, Data & Analytics
- Sanjay Singh, Chief Data Scientist
"We delivered a strong fourth quarter and made considerable progress on our internal processes as we prepare for another defining growth period in 2022,” said Praveen Ramineni, co-Founder and co-CEO. “Investing in leadership hires and next-generation software partners has strategically positioned us to deliver on the demand we’re already experiencing from our banking, compliance and insurance clients.”